The Apostolic Prison issues an edict proclaiming by Pope Francis on Tuesday the full enjoyment of the Year of St. Joseph. The special year will last from December 8, 2020 to December 8, 2021.
Written by Vatican News staff
Pope Francis on Tuesday announced a special year dedicated to St. Joseph from December 8, 2020 to December 8, 2021.Th Anniversary of the proclamation of the patronage of St. Joseph Universal Church, as well as the solitude of the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady.
The Apostolic Prison issued an edict to celebrate the anniversary and to “continue to hand over the whole controversy to the powerful support of the Guardian of Jesus” for the duration of the special year.
During this period, believers will have the opportunity to “comfort themselves with prayer and good deeds, with the help of St. Joseph, the head of the heavenly family of Nazareth, and seek relief and relief from serious human and social afflictions. Siege the contemporary world today.”
Devotion to St. Joseph
Cardinal Moro Piacense and Regent, Fr. Mr. Christoph Nichols notes that devotion to Joseph has grown widespread throughout the history of the Church, “and this has not only given him much respect after his wife, the Mother of God, but also given him much support.”
At the same time, the ecclesiastical magistrate continued, “St. Joseph is discovering the greatness of old and new in this treasure. Like the master in the Gospel of Matthew, he brings into his storeroom both new and old.”
Therefore, the gift of pleasures granted by the command of the Apostolic Prison, commanded by the Holy Father, “will greatly benefit the accomplishment of the appointed purpose.”
Conditions for complete happiness
With a spirit separated from any sin, Christians participating in the Year of St. Joseph on these occasions are given complete joy to believers under the usual conditions (confession, gracious unity and prayer for the purposes of the Pope). Habits pointed out by the Apostolic Prison:
– Full engagement is given to those who participate in a spiritual retreat at least one day that includes at least 30 minutes of meditation on the Lord’s Prayer, or a meditation on St. Joseph. “St. Joseph, a true man of faith, calls us “to rediscover our relationship with the Father, to renew the faithfulness of prayer, and to listen with deep understanding to the will of God.”
– Following the example of St. Joseph, grace can be enjoyed by those who do spiritual or physical work. St. Joseph’s Order encourages us to rediscover the value of silence, wisdom, and faith in the performance of our duties.
– The recitation of the Holy Rosary between families and engaged couples is another way to find happiness, so that “all Christian families may be moved to recreate the same atmosphere of close unity, love and prayer that existed in the Holy Family.”
– Every believer who entrusts their daily activities to the protection of St. Joseph, and every believer who calls upon the intercession of St. Joseph, may find complete joy in the fact that job seekers can find decent work. On May 1, 1955, Pope Pius XII established the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Sacrament with the aim of “recognizing the right to work, and promoting social life and laws based on a fair distribution of rights and responsibilities.”
– Absolute joy is given to St. Joseph (for the Latin tradition), or to the believers who recite the litany. Agathistos St. jocappirku (Byzantine parampariyattirk), or any other prayers and other religious traditions, according to St. jocappirku, the persecuted Church Inside And Outside; For the relief of all Christians who experience all kinds of persecution. Because, “The flight of the Holy Family to Egypt shows that God exists only where man is in danger, where man suffers, where he has fled, and where he experiences rejection and abandonment.”
A universal monk
Apart from these, the Apostolic Prison gives complete joy to believers who recite any legally recognized prayer or devotional act in memory of St. Joseph, for example, “Blessed Joseph, you” especially on “St. Joseph Sunday, March 19 (Byzantine tradition)). Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph on the 19thTh Every Wednesday of every month is a day dedicated to the memory of a saint according to Latin tradition. ”
The edict recalls the universal nature of St. Joseph’s support of the Church, recognizing St. Teresa of Avila as “a guardian of all circumstances of life”. Pope St. John Paul II added that St. Joseph “has a new relevance to the Church of our time in relation to the new Christian Millennium.”
For the sick
In the midst of the ongoing Govt-19 health crisis, the gift of complete happiness is being given to the sick, the elderly, the dying and all those who cannot leave their homes for legitimate reasons.
If they too are separated from any sin and intend to fulfill the three usual conditions as soon as possible, they recite a devotional act in memory of St. Joseph and offer God torments and hardships. In their lives.
Role of Priests
The Apostolic Prison allows priests to celebrate penance and the administration of Holy Communion to patients with a willing and generous attitude.