The Duke and Duchess of Sussex has reportedly agreed to star in a fly-on-the-wall Netflix reality series with cameras for three months.
One source says that Prince Harry and Megan Markle ‘give people a vision of their lives and see all the charitable work they do’.
It comes after the royal couple signed a $ 112 million Netflix deal to create TV series, movies and children’s shows for the streaming service.
Harry and Megan will be back after three months, but it is unclear whether cameras will be allowed on their home in Montecito, California.
Duke and Duchess of Sussex talk about voting in the US election during a TV show last week to mark the roll call of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people
Said a source The sun: ‘They may have had all these lofty ideas about creating epics that highlight environmental causes and the poverty gap, but Netflix obviously wants their pound of flesh.
‘It’s all very tasty, not Katie Price and Peter Andre-style reality TV, but they want to give people a glimpse of their lives and see all the charitable work they do. “
According to the source, much of the series will be about their philanthropic work rather than what they woke up behind closed doors.
But they added: ‘It’s still a spectacular insight, and Megan hopes the audience will see her as real.’
Ingrid Seward, editor of Majesty magazine, said the couple were ‘hypocritical’ for agreeing to a reality series after leaving the UK for more privacy. This is unusual. This is what they said they would not do, ‘he said.
PR executive Mark Borkowski told The Sun: ‘Audiences will be interested to see what they do, but there has to be credibility. They have a big plan and are getting it done. They do all this on their own. ‘
Megan (pictured September 23) – who starred in legal drama suits when she met Harry – is said to have made it clear that she has no plans to return to acting.
Netflix said it was already developing several plans, but declined to provide further details about the new series.
A Netflix spokesperson said: ‘The couple already have several projects in development, including an innovative landscape documentary series and an animated series celebrating inspiring women, but this time we have not released any programming slate.’
Harry and Megan resigned as working royals at the end of March for personal and financial independence.
Netflix points out that the couple have set up a production company to produce their films and documentaries and are committed to various hiring practices for its lead roles.
The Duchess has already begun her career in the business world, getting to stream a Disney movie in April about the family of elephants and their journey across Africa.
Earlier this month, the co-founder of Netflix promised that movies and TV shows produced as part of the couple’s deal would be Netflix ” most watched ‘content next year.
Prince Harry and Megan are in the picture after their wedding at Windsor Castle in May 2018
Prior to signing with Netflix, Reed Hastings said the couple was ‘smart’ in ‘shopping’ their skills to build their plans around ‘all major companies’.
Mr Hastings dismissed critics ‘question as to whether the former royals’ desire to create ‘action-packed content’ would be good entertainment.
He told the American news channel CNBC: ‘It will be epic entertainment. I am very happy about that deal.
‘They were smart, they were shopping it at all the major companies and I think we put together the best complete set.
‘We’re going to do a variety of hobbies with them. I can no longer say much about it at this point, but I think it will be the most exciting, most viewed content next year. ‘
It is understood the couple may have appeared on camera in their documentaries, but Megan – who starred in legal drama suits when she met Harry – has reportedly made it clear that she has no plans to return to acting.
Prince Charles, Prince William, Kate, Megan and Harry at Sandringham in December 2018
When asked about this, Mr Hastings said: ‘Their real focus is on being producers and developing that productivity.
‘That’s the main thing. They have developed a great eye for the story and we will work with them on that basis. ‘
The lucrative deal already appears to have helped the couple sever ties with the royal family as it was announced that they have fully repaid the $ 2.4 million taxpayer used to renovate the Frakmore cottage in the Windsor home.
Last week, Duke and Duchess Donald Trump were accused of ‘stepping over the line’ after being thinly veiled, urging Americans to walk out and vote in the upcoming election.
In the couple’s highest-profile intervention in the U.S. presidential election, Harry urged voters to ‘reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity’ – all qualities critics associate with Mr Trump.
In a televised appearance representing Time magazine’s call for 100 influencers, Megan described the November referendum as the most important election of her life.
Harry, meanwhile, complained that he could never exercise his democratic right to vote because of that convention, A member of the British royal family, he To be politically neutral.
“Bacon trailblazer. Certified coffee maven. Zombie lover. Tv specialist. Freelance communicator.”