24 September 2020, 09:08 | Updated: 24 September 2020, 10:15
All details of NHS COVID-19 application are here.
In its continuation Corona virus Epidemic, things seem to be slowly and smoothly returning to normal, however, it is definitely not over. We must all do our part to protect our loved ones and the wider community, and the quickest way to do that is with the use of NHS COVID-19.
When we all download and use the app, we help keep our friends, family and many others safe. If you have been in close contact with someone who has the corona virus, the application wisely informs you that it shows the danger in your area and prevents it from spreading further. If you have symptoms you can book a test and keep on top of the government’s latest advice.
So, here’s how to download and use NHS COVID-19.
How to Download and Use the NHS COVID-19 Application
1) The app is free to download, simple and available in the UK and Wales from Thursday, September 24, 2020. If you are using an iPhone, all you have to do is go to the Apple App Store and Android users can download it from Google Play.
2) You can check in public places like bars, pubs and restaurants using the built-in QR code scanner so you can contact yourself if there is an explosion with that place. Instead of digging into your details every time, you may have seen the official NHS QR code posters around businesses in your area, all you have to do is scan the QR code when you use the app.
3) You can check if there are any symptoms of corona virus using the app as per the latest government advice. If you want to book a test, the app will help you get one online. If you get a positive result, you can tell the app, and it will notify any application user you have recently contacted through anonymous notification.
4) Don’t worry, you are not being monitored. The application does not use GPS and can not track your location, monitor whether you are isolated or view personal information on your phone. It protects your privacy by using Apple and Google’s proven Bluetooth technology.
5) Any data shared with the app will only be stored on your phone, so if you decide to delete the app, all data will be deleted.
All information and guidelines are found https://covid19.nhs.uk/
“Food expert. Unapologetic bacon maven. Beer enthusiast. Pop cultureaholic. General travel scholar. Total internet buff.”