Tesla does not make annual changes to models like traditional car makers, so tracking changes is not always easy. The 2021 model year is different.
The new Model 3 features a number of upgrades, both big and small. Many of the changes range from Model 3 to Model Y, which already includes those listed below.
The list is not exhaustive, but includes fold changes. A new owner based in Utah has posted videos with most of the changes (see below)Also watch this 2021 Model 3 Owner Video).
- Increased range: The 2021 Tesla Model 3 long-distance AWD now receives an EPA rated 353 miles, which has increased from 322 miles in 2020
- The heat pump comes with the Model 3 – already on the Model Y – which increases the AC efficiency
- Powerlift for trunk / liftgate (previously only available on Y)
- Chrome trim (e.g. door handles) is now black (satin finish)
- Glass now doubles as “best” sound check (watch video at 3:14)
- Fix: Stem water leak – Owners complained about water leaking into the trunk when it rained. Now, with the removal of the new weather, the water filters on both sides, fixing the problem
- The steering wheel “feels thick” has excellent grip and the rotary dials are metal
- New aero wheels
- The USB port for the dashcam is now in the glove box
Send me comments or suggestions via Twitter message directly at Twitter.com/mbrookec or [email protected]