For immediate release:
December 27, 2020
Colombia, SC – The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) today announced the following COVID-19 updates. Below are detailed summaries of today’s update Cases and Deaths Dec. 24 and Dec.25. However, that Overall total and percentage are positive down, and the website’s data reflects the latest reported data up to December 25th. Tomorrow’s update until December 26th.
Today’s Cases and Deaths (scdhec.gov/COVID19)
As of December 24, new confirmed / potential total cases: 2,550 / 27 Summary Click here
Overall (scdhec.gov/COVID19) Until December 25th
- Confirmed and possible cases: 273,659 / 22,520
- Confirmed and possible deaths: 4,764 / 391
- Tests performed for South Carolinians: 3,571,920
Test Opportunities (scdhec.gov/COVID19 test)
- Test opportunities are available nationwide: 136
Percent positive (scdhec.gov/COVID19dashboard) Until December 25th
- 18,600 individual test results were reported nationwide yesterday (including antibody tests)
- 23.5% percent positive
Detailed reporting of the above information and district level information, statistics and more is available scdhec.gov/COVID19. Website updated 1pm to 3pm on weekdays and 11am to 1pm on weekends.
Visit scdhec.gov/COVID19vaccine For the latest vaccine information.
Additional information and resources