World

Europe Corona virus: Record case numbers as France’s Macron says people can live with covit until summer

The victims include the European political class. Polish President Andrzej Duda tested positive in favor of Govt-19 on Friday, Presidential Minister Blaise Spichalsky tweeted on Saturday.

Duda said he was unwell and asymptomatic and continued to work alone.

“As you can see, I’m strong and I hope it stays that way, however.

“I want to apologize to everyone who has to go through isolation procedures in connection with meeting with me in recent days … I hope none of you get sick.”

The Polish president is using this video to urge people to be especially careful with senior citizens because they are particularly at risk from Govt-19.

Duda’s diagnosis comes as the country announced 13,632 new cases on Friday, the highest daily number since the outbreak began. The case is 50% higher than the 7,482 cases on Monday.

“The second wave has hit the whole of Europe equally,” Prime Minister Matos Moravsky said on Friday.

According to CNN analysis, according to the latest moving averages from Johns Hopkins University, all five countries in the world with the highest prevalence are in Europe.

The worst affected countries are the Czech Republic, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland and France.

In all five countries, the number of new infections has increased since the beginning of October.

French President Emmanuel Macron on Friday warned his country to live longer with the virus.

“When I ask scientists and the Science Council, we make predictions [living with the virus] Better until next summer, ”Macron said during a visit to a health center.

Macron added that his government aims to target new corona virus controls.

On the same day, France registered 42,032 new cases in 24 hours, a new record, according to the French health agency. About 46 million people in the country are subject to night-time corona virus curfew in France.

The picture in neighboring Spain is less dramatic, but the country’s daily average is higher, at 299 per million on October 19th.

The Prime Minister of Spain, Point Pedro Sanchez, appealed to the public to help limit their movement and fight the second wave.

“In the next few weeks, the months will be tough, very tough,” Sanchez said, adding that while Spain has officially registered more than 1 million cases, he estimates the actual number is more than 3 million.

The Spanish provinces of Castilla and Lyon and Valencia have announced plans to impose a night curfew in the coming days. The Andalusian region has also called for a curfew in the city of Granada.

Political corruption in the Czech Republic

A daily case record was also set in the Czech Republic, which crossed 15,000 new cases in 24 hours for the first time since the onset of the epidemic. The death toll in the country rose 126 to a total of 1,971. According to the European Center for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC), this is the most affected country in Europe.

Meanwhile, the country’s health minister Roman Primula is in the grip of political scandal after being photographed leaving a restaurant in Prague on Wednesday night.

Restaurants in the Czech Republic have been closed for sit-in service since Wednesday, October 14, so the minister’s actions were in violation of the rules.

Primula said he knew the owner of the restaurant on Friday, who allowed him to sit in a private lounge to have coffee.

People are waiting at a checkpoint on October 10 in Prague, Czech Republic

Despite pressure from the country’s prime minister to do so, he refused to resign. Prime Minister Andrzej Babis had previously said he would fire if Primula did not resign.

The European Union has sent 30 ventilators to the Czech Republic as authorities work to control the second wave.

“Cesia is going through difficult times. The number of cases of corona virus is increasing. Hospitals need medical equipment. The European Union is here to help,” Ursula van der Leyen, head of the European Commission, said on Thursday.

Italian governors call for lockout

Local governors in Italy are calling for tougher corona virus controls, with some fearing the spring wave will happen again. Italy was one of the worst-hit countries in Europe in March.

On Friday, the country recorded daily epidemics, with 16,079 new cases reported in the previous 24 hours.

The Italian Ministry of Health has recorded 136 covit-related deaths and an additional 66 patients in intensive care, bringing the national total to 992.

Campania’s Governor Vincenzo de Luca has called for a national lockout, announcing the closure of the region “for 30 to 40 days” to curb the spread of the virus.

The number of elderly people receiving the corona virus in Europe is rising again. This is very bad news

“I said in a brutally clear way, I don’t want to be found in front of military trucks carrying hundreds of coffins,” de Luca said in a video message Friday.

“Current data for the epidemic make any area scale useless.”

Attilio Fontana, governor of Lombardy, said the autumn wave was a “dramatic situation”.

The Italian government has so far opposed a national lockout. “Lock-ups can be avoided if quick, urgent and strong measures are taken now,” Health Minister Roberto Sporanza said Thursday.

CNN’s Funny Bobble, Valentina de Donado, Tim Lister, Claudia Repasa, Tomas Etsler and Jennifer Hauser all contributed to the report.

Harold Manning

"Infuriatingly humble social media ninja. Devoted travel junkie. Student. Avid internet lover."

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close