World

Belgium: Govt-positive health workers asked to continue working as crisis worsens

A senior health official has warned that Belgium could get out of intensive care beds within two weeks and that some hospitals are facing staff shortages. The country with a population of 11.5 million has reported higher than average 13,000 cases a day Last week, according to the National Public Health Agency, Cianzano. The Covit-19 eruption in Belgium is the second worst in Europe, according to new individual cases. Czech Republic.

Yves van Latham, Belgium’s spokesman for the fight against the corona virus, warned that intensive care units could reach 2,000 patients in 15 days if the Belgians did not change their behavior.

Liege, the largest city in the French-speaking region of Wallonia, has the highest incidence in Belgium. Lewis Hospital Hospital’s DJ communications director Louise Maride told CNN on Tuesday that the hospital had “no other option” due to staff shortages, except to hire doctors and nurses who tested positive but had no symptoms.

“This is not a problem because they work in the corona virus units with patients who have tested positive,” he said. Health workers with Govt-19 make up 5% to 10% of the total hospital staff, Maride said.

Health workers showing symptoms such as the flu have been asked not to come to work and the hospital cannot be compelled, Maride said. Asymptomatic Health workers should show up.

Another lease hospital, C.H.C.

A spokesman for the private hospital’s communications department told CNN that positive asymptomatic staff work primarily in the Covit-19 units, but can work in all departments, except the elderly, neonatology and oncology departments, especially patients who are “vulnerable”.

A spokesman for the Belgian Ministry of Health told CNN that allowing asymptomatic health workers to continue working was allowed “under very severe conditions” because there were not enough health workers. “We strive to ensure the safety of all patients,” he added.

At a news conference on Monday, Van Latham said 1,000 of the country’s intensive beds were already in use and a total of 1,250 sets were to be occupied by the weekend. Hospital and intensive care admissions are doubled once every eight days.

In an interview with state broadcaster RTPF on Monday, von Leidham said a decision would be made on whether to impose a second lock-up “by the weekend” and that “signs of declining hospitalization” could require drastic action if Belgium is not found.

The government last week imposed new rules on people in an effort to slow the spread of the virus. The curfew is in effect every day from midnight to 5am, with restaurants and cafes closed for seated services, and people are expected to work from home until it becomes impossible. Amateur sporting events have been canceled and any professional competitions should take place without spectators.

Although Van Latham says he can “get out of this without a lock,” the authorities are preparing for all events, and if a second lock is imposed, the government will “not waste two or three days” before enforcing it.

A total of 333,718 cases and 10,899 deaths have been reported in Belgium since the outbreak, according to Cianzano.

Harold Manning

"Infuriatingly humble social media ninja. Devoted travel junkie. Student. Avid internet lover."

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close